With two old friends at the helm of Red 5 Comics, you'll want to check out the following press release:Web Veterans Launch Red 5 Comics
Cinematic-style comic book entertainment to be offered by creative forces behind StarWars.com and ComingSoon.net
CALGARY, AB -- February 12, 2007 -- The creators of some of the internet's most popular entertainment websites announced today they are launching a new comic publishing company that will introduce its first titles this fall.
Red 5 Comics is the creation of Paul Ens, former director of Lucasfilm's StarWars.com and Lucas Online, and Scott Chitwood, co-founder of TheForce.net and contributor to ComingSoon.net and SuperheroHype.com.
True to the passions of its founders, Red 5 Comics will produce cinematic-style stories that appeal to the same avid movie and comic fans who already frequent their websites. The Red 5 line-up will be a combination of creator-owned and internally developed titles. Individual comic issues will be sold in both traditional print form at comic shops and in downloadable electronic formats online.
"Over the years, we've had the great pleasure to cross paths, both online and in-person, with many talented and creative people," said Ens, "from artists, to writers, to filmmakers and actors, and countless enthusiastic fans. Not only have they been a great inspiration, but we plan to include many of them in Red 5 as well."
Among the titles currently in development are...Abyss
- Kevin Rubio's short-film, TROOPS, was one of the first true video events on the internet. His latest creation, Abyss, tells the comedic and dysfunctional tale of the relationship between a son and his powerful supervillain father. Lucas Marangon is drawing the series, re-uniting the popular creative team behind the wildly imaginative Star Wars: Tag and Bink comic series.Atomic Robo
- Brian Clevinger (NuklearPower.com 8-Bit Theater) and Scott Wegener (Negative Burn, Wicked West 2) chronicle the Action Science
adventures of Nikola Tesla's robot across the twentieth century and beyond.Midknight
- Tom Hodges ("How to Draw Star Wars", WizardUniverse.com's "Artists to Watch" 2006) creates and illustrates the exploits of a husband-and-wife team who fight crime from the office by day and on the streets of Philadelphia at night.Neozoic
- Created by Paul Ens (Star Wars: Evasive Action), Neozoic imagines a gritty sci-fi / fantasy world where dinosaurs did not become extinct, and humanity lives under the constant threat of giant predators. The art of J. Korim (Rotogin: Junkbotz) brings the world to life.Afterburn
- When half the planet is destroyed by a solar flare, out of the ashes emerge the action adventures of Jake and his treasure-hunters for hire. Afterburn is written by Scott Chitwood and Paul Ens, drawn by Wayne Nichols (Lady Supreme: Supreme Sacrifice), with covers by "Rock Star of Illustration" Matt Busch.
Red 5 Comics is proud to be presented by ComingSoon.net and SuperheroHype.com, two of the best-respected and most-visited fan-based movie websites on the planet.
To find out more, read the creators' blogs, sign-up for the newsletter, check out the latest comic industry headlines, or apply to become a creator, visit Red 5 Comics online at http://www.red5comics.com
.About Red 5 Comics
Founded by Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood, Red 5 Comics is the creator and publisher of entertainment comic books. Its family of titles are expected to debut in the fall of 2007 in comic book stores and online.Press Contact:
Red 5 Comicspaul@red5comics.com
Red 5 Comics logo, designed by Steve Anderson. http://www.steveandersondesign.com