Hey there, Rebelscum
fans! This week on the site we’re looking at the climactic battle on the planet of Scarif from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
in which the secret of how the Rebel Alliance captured the Death Star plans is finally revealed. Make sure to check out the “Expand Your Mind
” article first to learn how the film went into production and why the Battle of Scarif is such an essential Star Wars
story, but stay tuned throughout the week for more articles, insights, videos, and information about the best merchandising available.
The prospect of a new film in the Star Wars
universe that wasn’t focused on the Skywalkers, or any Force users for that matter (with the exception of one jaw dropping cameo), was something unprecedented within the saga. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
introduced a whole new cast of characters, planets, and stories that inspired many of the creatives at Lucasfilm to continue their stories in the newly launched canon timeline. Here are some of the Rogue One
spinoffs you definitely will want to check out.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel - Star Wars veteran author James Luceno shows the compelling period where Galen Erso works under Orson Krennic to develop the plans for the Death Star and looks to pass along the information to the Rebel Alliance.
- Rebel Rising - Jyn’s transition from a stranded child to the fearsome warrior she proves herself to be is chronicled in this novel that explores her childhood and relationship with Saw Gerrara.
- Guardians of the Whills - Who are the mysterious men who protect the Jedi historical site on Jedha, despite not being Force-sensitive? This junior novel explores the backstory of Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe.
- Cassian and K-2S0 Special - This comic book spinoff explores events prior to Rogue One that shows how Cassian came into contact with his trusty droid companion K-2S0. Perhaps these events will tease what’s to come in the upcoming Andor spinoff.
- Guardians of the Whills: The Manga - This exclusive manga adaptation continues the story of the junior novel.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Novelization - Like many of the official novelizations, the Rogue One novel by Alexander Freed includes moments cut from the final film, including scenes that were in the original cut before reshoots.
- Star Wars: Rebels - There’s a lot of comparisons to be made between Dave Filoni’s animated series and Rogue One, and not just because they take place during the same era. The last season of Rebels features events that directly tie into Rogue One’s plot.
- Rebel Dossier - The essential guide to the infrastructure of the Rebel Alliance that’s fleshed out in Rogue One is explored by canon maestro Jason Fry.
What do you think, Rebelscum fans? What are some of your favorite Rogue One offshoots? What events would you like to see explored further? Let us know in the forums, and as always, may the Force be with you!
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!
Be sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms: