fans! This week on the site, weíre once again looking at Star Wars
gaming history with an exploration into the Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast
, and Jedi Academy
games. Make sure to read our ďExpand Your Mind
Ē article first to get a guide to all the games in the series, but stay tuned throughout the week for more content. Weíll be updating with new articles, insights, videos, and information about all the best merchandising content youíll want to look out for.
The Expanded Universe presented a much different version of events post-Return of the Jedi
than the sequel trilogy. The aftermath of the Battle of Endor is divided into several distinct eras, in which the Yuuzhan Vong invade the galaxy, the Swarm War assaults the new Galactic Alliance, Jacen Solo turns to the Dark side and becomes Darth Caedus, Luke and his son Ben Skywalker go searching for an ancient relic, and the Legacy
era of Cade Skywalker one hundred years in the future.
The period right after Return of the Jedi
when the New Republic was establishing itself was the end of the Galactic Civil War, and many Imperials attempted to raise threats against the new government. Itís this critical period in which the Jedi Knight
games take place. For more insights into what occurred during this era, make sure to read these great books as well.
- The Truce at Bakura (1993)- In the immediate aftermath of the destruction of the second Death Star, Luke receives a warning from Obi-Wan Kenobiís Jedi force ghost telling him about a latent Sith plot that could cripple the New Republic before itís even established.
- Dark Forces series (1998)- The trilogy of novels Soldier for the Empire, Rebel Agent, and Jedi Knight adopted story beats from the Dark Forces games and expanded the character of Kyle Kataran as he evolves from an anti-hero into one of Luke Skywalkerís most trusted allies.
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (2008)- Luke is forced to assemble Rogue Squadron shortly after the Battle of Endor when the Imperials launch a new legion of Stormtroopers. Luke is still processing the events of Return of the Jedi and isnít sure how to establish his Jedi Academy.
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (1994)- How did Leia and Han *actually* get married? This book shows the chaotic wedding and Hanís awesome date on Dathomir.
- Tatooine Ghost (2003)- The adventure returned the original trilogy heroes to Tatooine where they encountered characters from the prequels, including Anakinís childhood friend Kitster Banai.
- I, Jedi (1998)- The story of the Corellian Rebel hero and Jedi trainee Corran Horn is told in one of the rare first person Star Wars novels.
- Specter of the Past (1997) and Visions of the Future (1998)- Timothy Zahnís duology ends the Galactic Civil War with surrender of the Imperial Remnant and the wedding of Luke and Mara Jade.
What do you think, Rebelscum fans? Are any of these books ones you enjoyed? Do you have a favorite Imperial Remnant leader? Let us know in the forums
, and as always, may the Force be with you!
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!https://www.RebelscumShop.com
Be sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms:https://www.YouTube.com/RebelscumPagehttp://www.Twitter.com/RebelScumNewshttp://www.Facebook.com/RebelScumcomhttp://www.Instagram.com/RebelScum.Official