Trading And Selling Rules
Back To Rules
- As this forum is Star Wars collecting focused, transactions are limited in type to the following:
- Members may only offer to sell or trade Star Wars items they own.
- Trade offers must include a Star Wars item on one side of the trade.
- Members may also post want-to-buy messages, however, it must be for a Star Wars item.
- NEW: No sales or transactions of any type that involve toy or packaging reproductions is allowed.
- NEW: No sales or transactions of any type that involve a toy or a toy part or packaging that has been created from replica or original parts or parts from original molds is allowed.
- No auctioning is permitted. That means you cannot make a post stating that you will take offers and sell the item to the highest bidder.
- You may not use the forum to promote or advertise auctions.
- You may include a link to a picture of the item or items for sale, but all relevant information, such as a description of the item and the price, must be included in your post.
- The purpose of this section is to help other collectors find what they need, so please post in the spirit of cooperation and mutual benefit.
- This section is for trades only. You may post items you have for trade or items you're looking for. If you want to sell something, use the classified section. Simply linking to an outside page that contains a trade list is not allowed.
- It's up to each person to determine whether the trade is fair. As this is an extremely subjective area, with some people willing to give up high value items for lesser value items they really need, you must use your discretion when negotiating a trade. However, DELIBERATE SCALPING OF ITEMS STILL BEING SOLD AT RETAIL WILL
NOT BE PERMITTED.
- This section is for items for sale only. Any posts related to trading should be posted in the Trade section.
- YOU MUST INDICATE A SALE PRICE FOR EACH ITEM LISTED. Auctions without a price for each item will be deleted and the seller will be notified by email or Private Message.
- Prices must indicate no higher than fair market value. Moderators will use their judgement to decide whether or not the prices are fair. For items currently at retail stores, the prices must be no higher than their normal retail cost. NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED. If you paid more than retail for the item, you must state in your post that you did so. For items more than one year old, some leeway in price will be permitted, subject again to the discretion of the moderators.
- All posts should be strictly buying and selling related. Discussions about the item or items for sale should be posted in the Vintage collecting forum.