Publisher: Del Rey
Author: Jonathan Bresman
Cover Artist: Doug Chiang
Cover Price: $39.95
ISBN: 0-345-43108-1 - 1st
More than twenty years ago, moviegoers thrilled to the stunning designs that were created for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Thus began a tradition of creative brilliance that now continues in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, as moviegoers are transported back to the beginning of the greatest space epic of our time. And once again a team of artists has been assembled to create a new galaxy, with an array of visuals more striking than ever before.
Featuring conceptual illustrations, sequential art, and brilliant, fully executed paintings, this lavish volume digs deep into the Lucasfilm archives, detailing Episode I's revolutionary use of traditional and high-tech media. Exploring the creative impulse behind all of the astonishing, masterfully crafted designs, inside you'll find
- Key action sequences, including the Podraces on Tatooine and the riveting ground and space battles
- Fascinating interviews and photos of the artists at work
- Magnificent paintings that capture the exotic environments of Naboo, Tatooine, and Coruscant
- The visual evolution of the battle droids, the Trade Federation ships, and such unforgettable new characters as Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, and Jar Jar Binks
- A showcase of the best of the poster art for Episode I
And much more!
As the original Star Wars movie set new standards with its cutting-edge art and technology, this thrilling new chapter in the cinematic saga again transports us to the farthest regions of our imaginations.