Publisher: Del Rey
Author: Jonathan Bresman
Cover Artist: Doug Chiang
Cover Price: $22.95
ISBN: 0-345-43109-X - 1st
From the moment Star Wars: Episode I hit movie screens, the thrilling new chapter in the cinematic saga again transported us to the farthest regions of our imaginations. But the creative process began long before the movie release, as a team of amazingly talented artists gave form to George Lucas's extraordinary vision...
This lavish volume features more than six hundred examples of the art created for The Phantom Menace—each a masterpiece in its own right: conceptual illustrations, sequential art, and brilliant, fully executed paintings. Digging deep into the exclusive Lucasfilm archives, The Art of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace details Episode I's revolutionary use of traditional and high-tech media. Inside you'll find:
- Magnificent paintings that capture the exotic environments of Naboo, Tatooine, and Coruscant
- Key action sequences, including the Podraces on Tatooine and the riveting ground and space battles
- Fascinating insights and photos revealing the secrets of the artists at work
- The earliest conceptual drawings, following the evolution of Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, and Jar Jar Binks
- Exciting new poster art, created expressly for Episode I
Now you can explore the creative impulse behind all the astonishing, masterfully crafted designs of the movie blockbuster with The Art of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.