fans! This week on the site, we’re once again looking at Star Wars
gaming history with an exploration into the Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast
, and Jedi Academy
games. Make sure to read our “Expand Your Mind
” article first to get a guide to all the games in the series, but stay tuned throughout the week for more content. We’ll be updating with new articles, insights, videos, and information about all the best merchandising content you’ll want to look out for.Dark Forces
and the subsequent Jedi Knight
games were important within the development of Star Wars
narrative gaming. Previously, Star Wars
games had mostly been adaptations of the films or combat based adventures. They proved that the games could boast exciting storylines that enriched the canon, and their success led to the impact of future story based games like Knights of the Old Republic, The Force Unleashed
, and Jedi: Fallen Order
still has an important place in the hearts of many older fans, and they’re worthy of consideration by newer ones too. Here are some Force Facts about the series and its era.
- Kyle Katarn was officially included within the new canon in 2016 when he showed up in Star Wars: The Official Card Game. He was also added as a playable character within an expansion pack to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes last year.
- The original Kyle Katarn voice actor, Nick Jameson, went on to have an incredible career. He also voiced Stan Markel in Batman: Year One, co-starred as the Russian President on 24, and returned to the Star Wars franchise in The Clone Wars and many other games.
- Katarn’s apprentice Jaden Korr would return in the Legacy of the Force novel Fury during the Jedi’s war against Darth Caedus. He got his starring vehicle with the Lost Tribe of the Sith tie-in novel Crosscurrent.
- The “Dark Jedi” term became widely adopted within canon to refer to Dark side users who did not officially align themselves with the Sith. An ancient war between the Dark Jedi and Jedi Order was chronicled in the classic Old Republic comics.
- The “Valley of the Jedi” that Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade investigate would be given a backstory in the Darth Bane novels that show its establishment one thousand years before its rediscovery.
- The ancient Sith Lord Marka Rangos who appears as an evil spirit in Jedi Academy has his backstory fleshed out in the Tales of the Jedi comics and the novel series Lost Tribe of the Sith. Luke and Ben Skywalker explore his history during their search for Force relics in the Fate of the Jedi series.
- Marka Ragnos lived 5,000 years before the events of the core saga. He fought for control of the Sith Empire and the title of Dark Lord of the Sith against Lord Simus during the Sith War.
- Admiral Pellaeon, the Imperial who officially surrenders to Luke Skywalker, appears as an assistant to Grand Admiral Thrawn in The Thrawn Trilogy.
- Mark Hamill has voiced his support for the concept of Mara Jade, and stated that he was a big fan of the character.
- Luke’s Jedi Academy continued to operate on Yavin IV, but by the time of the Legacy comics series it was moved to the planet Ossus.
What do you think, Rebelscum
fans? Do you have any favorite characters from the games? Would you like to see more of Kyle Katarn? Let us know in the forums
, and as always, may the Force be with you!
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!https://www.RebelscumShop.com
Be sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms:https://www.YouTube.com/RebelscumPagehttp://www.Twitter.com/RebelScumNewshttp://www.Facebook.com/RebelScumcomhttp://www.Instagram.com/RebelScum.Official