Hey there, Rebelscum
fans! This week on the site, we’re exploring one of the new animated series on Disney+, The Bad Batch
. Make sure to read our “Expand Your Mind
” article to read about how the series developed from an unfinished story reel to a full-on animated spinoff show of its own. Stay tuned throughout the week for more articles, insights, videos, and collector’s guides.
After the season seven finale of The Clone Wars
finally included the completed and restored “Bad Batch” arc, the spinoff series was quickly put into production. Although Dave Filoni had stepped back from his supervising director role due to his other responsibilities at Lucasfilm, supervising director Brad Rau, head writer Jennifer Corbett, and producers Carrie Beck and Josh Rimes joined The Bad Batch
The sixteen episodes were well-received by fans, and the second season is expected to come sometime this year. Although an official release date has not been set yet, it’s likely that season two will debut sometime over the summer following the completion of Obi-Wan Kenobi
, but before the release of Andor, Ashoka
, or The Mandalorian
Season one featured many memorable appearances by familiar clones whose stories hadn’t been wrapped up yet in The Clone Wars
. Here are a few more fan-favorite troopers we’d love to see in season two.
- Dogma: The straight-laced trooper “Dogma” was unquestionably loyal to General Krell during the 501st service on Umbara, but he’s forced to execute the Dark Jedi traitor when he reveals his allegiance to the Sith. Dogma was temporarily put in prison, but could potentially find an ally within the Bad Batch due to his experiences questioning orders.
- Slick: One of the most shocking twists in The Clone Wars was when the Clone Trooper Sergeant Slick decided to betray the Republic Army and join the Separatists under Asajj Ventress. Slick is locked up during the Battle of Christophsis, so we don’t know where his loyalties lie now.
- Commander Bly: One of the most heroic clone commanders in the entire Republic Army, Commander Bly serves under Aayla Secura throughout the three-year conflict. This doesn’t stop him from following Order 66, and executing his Jedi officer during the Battle of Felucia in Order 66. Due to their shared experiences on the Battle of Quell, Bly is selected by Darth Vader to serve on Imperial missions, and could be a major antagonist for The Bad Batch to face.
- Commander Bacara: Interestingly, the clone commander who executed Ki-Adi-Mundi during the Battle of Mygeeto in Revenge of the Sith didn’t have a huge role in The Clone Wars, and was only briefly featured in the seventh season during the tie-in moments to Episode III. It would be interesting to flesh out his character more fully within the spinoff.
- Odd Ball: Another prominent character in Revenge of the Sith, Odd Ball only appears a few times in The Clone Wars. Ironically, he plays a bigger role in the 2008 film than the series itself. It would certainly be interesting to see what he’s been up to after being saved by Anakin Skywalker.
What do you think, Rebelscum
fans? Who should appear in The Bad Batch
season two? Who are some of your other fan-favorite troopers? Let us know in the forums
, and as always, may the Force be with you!
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!https://www.RebelscumShop.com
Be sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms:https://www.YouTube.com/RebelscumPagehttp://www.Twitter.com/RebelScumNewshttp://www.Facebook.com/RebelScumcomhttp://www.Instagram.com/RebelScum.Official