Hey there, Rebelscum
fans! This week on the site we’re looking at the Battle of Geonosis that ends Attack of the Clones
in an exciting fashion. Make sure to check out our "Expand Your Mind
" article to learn about how the sequence impacted the entire saga and set the stage for the famous war, but stay tuned throughout the week for more articles, insights, video content, and information on the best merchandising opportunities.
It was established in Attack of the Clones
that the Seperatist Council had gathered to negotiate terms of joining Count Dooku’s movement, and clearly the planet was of critical importance. Not only was the addition of Poggle the Lesser and the Geonosian forces a major ally, but the planet held critical droid weapons factories. It only made sense that Dooku would want to retake the planet after the Republic claimed victory.
The five-part Geonosis Arc was one of the most ambitious storylines in The Clone Wars
. Not only did it introduce more adult themes into the Cartoon Network series, but it showed the diversity of different “genre” stories that The Clone Wars
- “Senate Spy” - In this noir thriller, Anakin and Padmes’ relationship is tested when the Naboo Senator is tasked with going undercover to investigate her old flame Rush Clovis. Anakin goes undercover as her bodyguard, and shows hints of his darker path when Clovis tests his patience. Clovis reveals that the Separatists are planning to retake Geonosis.
- “Landing at Point Rain” - In one of the grandest action sequences in the history of The Clone Wars, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ashoka, and Ki-Adi-Mundi launch a massive invasion of Geonosis and meet with heavy resistance. The frantic action was inspired by Saving Private Ryan, directed by Lucas’s friend Steven Spielberg.
- “Weapons Factory” - Luminara Unduli and her padawan Barriss Offee join Anakin and Ashoka for an assault on Poggle’s droid production facilities. In one of the most emotional moments of the series, Ashoka and Barriss both face their potential demise and share a bonding moment.
- “Legacy of Terror” - Geonosian zombies serving an enigmatic queen haunt the tombs of the Geonosians caves. The horror-themed episode explained how the Geonosians were initially able to retake their homeworld.
- “Brain Invaders” - In the aftermath of the battle, Geonosian parasites infect Republic ships headed to clone healing facilities. Ashoka and Barriss face off against zombified clones in this take on Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
What do you think, Rebelscum
fans? How does the Geonosis arc stack up against The Clone Wars’s
best arcs? Which episode is your favorite? Let us know in the forums
, and as always, may the Force be with you?