As Padawan to Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker learns the ways of the Jedi and becomes a hero as The Clone Wars engulf the Republic.
The #03 Anakin Skywalker action figure is a retooling based on the Attack Of The Clones Anakin Skywalker action figure included in the 2005 Anakin Skywalker To Darth Vader Evolutions three pack. This time out, the articulation was revised and the torso section was altered to include sculptural tabards. This new version did away with the over-sized fabric tabards seen on the original figure all together and as such, The Black Series version also features a new lower belt and tabard portion. This figure came packed with two interchangeable right hands, the incorrect Revenge Of The Sith lightsaber and an unintentionally removable right forearm that helps you recreate the Geonosis duel that left the Chosen One wounded.
This figure, along with #01 Padm? Amidala from the Battle of Geonosis, #02 Clone Trooper Sergeant featuring the 2011 body buck, #04 Biggs Darklighter in his X-Wing pilot gear, #05 Luke Skywalker in his Yavin Ceremony outfit, #06 Darth Vader with Bespin Cloud City related accessories, #07 Biker Scout that was originally included with the Speeder Bike the previous year and #08 Clone Pilot in Phase I armor, made up the first wave of figures in Hasbro's Star Wars: The Black Series 3 3/4-inch action figure collection. The figures were originally planned to be released in the cancelled 2013 Droid Factory collection and were revealed to be repackaged as the launch wave for this new collector focused series. First revealed in their showroom at the 2013 Toy Fair, the first wave began shipping all over North America at the end of the following July.
Original Retail: $9.99
Assortment Number: A5078/A5077
UPC Number: 6 53569 88035 6
- Anakin Skywalker Figure
- Interchangeable Mechanical Right Hand
- The initial shipment of action figures in the first wave of The Black Series had a blister separation issue. The glue wasn't strong enough to sufficiently keep the blister attached to the card back.
- To correct the blister separation issue, Hasbro added a line of tape on the top of the blisters of all the remaining stock before implementing new procedures that solved the issue all together.
- After fixing the separation issue, Hasbro altered the blister design by removing the impressed Imperial Light Piping on the right side.
- Later releases of the #03 Anakin Skywalker action figure featured a change in the color of the hair spray operation, making the hair a more screen accurate lighter brown.
Text & Photography by D. Martin Myatt
Page built by Adam Lamping