Our good friends and colleagues at Rancho Obi-Wan, refreshed from their exhibition
at Star Wars
Celebration Chicago 2019, have issued their upcoming calendar of events for the rest of the year - and pass on the good enws that they will be attending Star Wars Celebration
in Anaheim on August 27-30, 2020.
Between now and then there's a mountain of exciting reasons for you to visit Rancho Obi-Wan and see the largest collection of Star Wars
merchandise, paraphernalia and ephemera in the known Universe! Return of the Gala
! will be held June 12-13, 2020. Friday, the 12th, will be reserved for wine tasting featuring wines from Skywalker Vineyards. Saturday the 13th, enjoy the long summer day with a barbeque, games, auctions and fun!
This year’s 2019 Fundraiser takes a different turn with an online auction of original art and other items. More information coming this fall. Hint: DS-1. Star Wars Day at the Park
Come see Steve and the gang at the San Francisco Giants Star Wars
Day at the Park, Sunday, September 15, 2019. Rancho Obi-Wan will have a small exhibit of helmets at the VIP Experience in Triples Alley that starts at 10:35 am. Those attending the VIP event get three Giants Star Wars
collector’s items! Special tickets are required.
This fall Rancho Obi-Wan will host a series of themed in-depth experiences at Rancho Obi-Wan. See things rarely shown in an intimate, relaxed atmosphere. Saturday, August 31st, 4pm – Comic Books with Brian Christensen
Brian is the owner of Brian’s Comics in Petaluma and was a nominee for the 2019 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award. We will pull a load of significant comics from the secret stash for discussion.Saturday, September 28th, 4pm – Posters with Pete Vilmur
Pete is co-author of The Star Wars
Poster Book and has spent years meticulously researching the history of vintage posters. We will take a look at some of the more interesting, rare, beautiful, silly and bizarre posters from the depths of the flat files.Saturday, October 12th, 4pm – LEGO® with Marc Morita and Caleb Raff
Marc is one of our resident docents, and an expert on all things LEGO. Caleb owns the Brick Hutt in Rohnert Park. We will talk about the history and impact of LEGO on Star Wars
collecting, view some MOCs (my own creations), and the rarer items from the vault.Saturday, November 2nd, 4pm – Vintage Kenner with Dwayne Smith and Marc Huber
Dwayne is one of our resident docents, and an expert on vintage Kenner. Marc Huber is an expert on POTF coins. We will rummage behind the racks for vintage goodies from around the world including action figures, vehicles, and Micro Collection.Saturday, TBD, 4pm – Trading Cards with Rich Smolen
Rich is owner of Rich’s Cards, and has been a trading card enthusiast for much of his life. We will break out uncut sheets and binders and take a look at old and new series’, sketch cards, international editions, rarities and more.
You can expect the following on each tour:
- Each tour is limited to a maximum of 20 attendees. Adults only, 21 years and older.
- Start with a glass of wine from Skywalker Vineyards, local brew, or sparkling water.
- Proceed with a museum tour led by Steve Sansweet! Steve will share stories about his collection and his history as a journalist, a collector, Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm and President of Rancho Obi-Wan.
- Enjoy a special presentation on the theme which is not normally covered on regular tours.
- Relax with a beverage while playing video games or having a casual discussion with the presenters.
Be entertained by video clips culled from the depths of the collection.
- Sit down to dinner featuring Annie’s TexaCali BBQ straight from our R2-BQ smoker. Texas brisket, pulled pork, vegetarian sides and salads, decadent dessert and coffee.
- Take home a special souvenir.
- Receive a tax-deductible donation receipt for $250.00 (half of your ticket price is a donation which supports the continued operation of the museum).
Tickets for the Rancho Obi-Wan deep-dive experience
go on sale today!