With its early digital debut, collectors have been waiting patiently for the ninth movie in the Skywalker Saga to receive its physical DVD, Blu-ray, 3D and 4K UHD release.
And now the wait is over!
Hitting shelves today in DVD, Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray and 4K UHD formats is The Rise Of Skywalker
, which comes with the following extra content:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
On general release, from today, is the Blu-Ray/digital code (MSRP $24.99) and 4K Ultra (MSRP $29.99) which can be bought at any of the retailers below.
For the viewer who wants a more immersive experience there are a variety of options and retailer to choose from.
Featuring a tri-fold cover adorned with artwork that is unique to this retailer, this three-disc set
includes the Blu-Ray and a 4K UHD copy of The Rise of Skywalker
as well as the standard bonus footage for $34.96. Order today and receive it by April 3rd.
Also available from Walmart is a region-free 3D Blu-Ray edition
, imported from the UK, that also has a second disc of 2D bonus footage. With a price tag of $44.99 and a delayed delivery daye of May 2nd, only hardcore fans who have invested in this technology are likely to be interested in this edition.
This four-disc set will include a standard Blu-Ray and a 4K UHD cut of the movie
, the previously mentioned bonus footage and an exclusive Filmmaker Gallery Book that includes concept art and material drawn from a number of licensed source, including DK's The Rise of Skywalker
Visual Dictionary, and covers character development, costume and creature design as well as details about the making of the ninth Star Wars
movie. Priced $34.99, this Target exclusive will ship by March 31st with RedCard holders receiving free shipping.
Some retailers get exclusive artwork and others include additional content, Best Buy offers a different case material with their 4K UHD Blu-ray & Blu-ray steelbook version
. The outside has wrap around artwork and the interior has a print of the crew and cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. Having already sold out once it is back in stock and available from March 31st for $34.99.
Perhaps the most impressive home release version of The Rise of Skywalker
, overseas retailer Zavvi has an exclusive collector's edition steelbook with a bundle of special features. Packaged in a metal slipcase that has an embossed artwork on it, a steelbook contains either 2D/3D Blu-Ray or 4K UHD version of the movie and comes with two enamel badges and four art prints. This upper end collectible, which is only available through Zavvi UK
and Zavvi AU
, is limited to 2,000 units wordwide.
Sadly none of the current versions of The Rise of Skywalker
home release mention an audio commentary by crew or cast so if you are looking to enjoy an extended storyline you will need to turn to the The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition novelisation
, which is out now.
Help to support Rebelscum's ongoing struggle to continue bringing you the latest Star Wars
collecting news by making your The Rise of Skywalker
home entertainment purchase using one of the affiliate links provided.