First, an announcement
Because of the continued demand for the basic figures from both consumers and retailers, Hasbro will make another line of "Greatest Hits" figures in 2007 to run alongside The 30th Anniversary Collection
. This will be a series of straight repacks, similar to what we've seen this year with "Heroes & Villains" and "Greatest Battles," although this line will not be solely focused on Revenge of the Sith
, but from across the entire modern Star Wars
This line is expected to come out in mid-to-late spring 2007, and be packaged similar to The 30th Anniversary Collection
. Look for 20-24 figures, complete with collector coins. These coins, however, will be somewhat different. They will not be numbered, but will be a series of six different "movie logo" coins, one for each movie. The coins will not be dedicated to a particular figure and will not have a character likeness on them. Therefore, multiple characters will share the same movie-logo coin. Fans get to choose
Hasbro and Rebelscum have joined forces to find out which figures collectors want brought back to make up this line. Celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars
, ANY 3¾" figure in the modern line is eligible...from the very first POTF2 wave up to the last TSC wave. That's over 1000 figures to choose from! (Note: I think everyone agrees that the Vintage line should be left as is.)
So which figures would you like to see brought back in this line: Pilot Obi-Wan? Episode II SA Clone Trooper? 500th Vader? 501st Legion Clone Trooper? Sio Bibble? TC-14? Ugnaughts? Shock Troopers? Dexter Jettster? Lobot? "Monkey-faced" Princess Leia? You can vote for your favorites! The voting process
So how can you voice your opinion? Here's how this will work. Rebelscum will run a series of week-long polls in our forums listing ALL the action figures in the modern line. In today's poll, you can choose from nearly 140 Revenge of the Sith
figures to determine your favorite figures you'd like to see brought back in 2007. At the end of the polling period, the top 8 figures will move on to the second round and face off against the top 8 from other figure lines in a head-to-head tournament! So be sure to vote, because the higher the votes, the higher the ranking in the bracket.
The overall winners will be incorporated into Hasbro’s "Greatest Hits 2007" assortment.* But just for fun, we're going to find out which figure is your #1 favorite figure in the modern line that you want brought back. Head on into our forums
and place your votes now!
*Inclusion of actual figures in Hasbro's Greatest Hits 2007
assortment shall be subject to determination by Hasbro.Repacks, Repaints, and Retools
- You may notice a number of figure missing from the choices. Some are because they are repacks of previously-released figures (Ex. Destroyer Droid), and you can still vote for them in their original appearance in one of the previous polls.
As for repaints...if the figure is a repaint of the same exact character (Ex. General Grievous), it is disqualified. But if the figure is a repaint of a different character or from a different scene (Ex. Clone Troopers), then is is included.
Also, if the figure has been retooled with a new part to it (Ex. Wookiee Warriors), then both are listed individually.Revenge of the Sith figures
Can't remember all those action figures from 2005? Fear not, we've got you covered. Just check out the all-new group shots in our Revenge of the Sith Photo Archive
. Sneak Preview Figures
- These four figures were the first look into Episode III
and opened our eyes into a new era in the Star Wars
saga. The added articulation and new card designs was only a hint of thins to come. Basic Figures
- No matter how much screen time these characters had, each of these figures sported extra attention to detail, superb sculpting, added articulation, and multiple accessories. There was a well-rounded selection of main and background characters. The line was so popular, that 12 new characters were added to meet demand. Deluxe Figures
- Once again giving a little more play value, this assortment included action features that recreated scenes from the film. Exclusives Figures
- While the majority of these figures are repaints, there are a few unique versions that stand out on their own. Multipacks Figures
- Once again, the majority of these in the group are repacks, there are a few that were unique to these sets. Battle Packs Figures
- The successor to the Cinema Scenes and Screen Scenes from the past, these multipacks focused on specific scenes from the films, and included 4-5 figures each to recreate the scene from the film on which it was based. Evolutions Figures
- A collector's dream. These super-articulated versions of characters with that had something in common, these 3-packs came with all the extras. Everything Else
- As in past years, there were still plenty of extra toys that included pack-in figures. Included here are the following assortments: Carry Cases, Beast Packs, Playsets, Figures & Cups, and Vehicle pack-ins (and Bonus pack-ins too).
So what are you waiting for? Head on into our forums
and place your votes now!