First, an announcement
Because of the continued demand for the basic figures from both consumers and retailers, Hasbro will make another line of "Greatest Hits" figures in 2007 to run alongside The 30th Anniversary Collection
. This will be a series of straight repacks, similar to what we've seen this year with "Heroes & Villains" and "Greatest Battles," although this line will not be solely focused on Revenge of the Sith
, but from across the entire modern Star Wars
This line is expected to come out in mid-to-late spring 2007, and be packaged similar to The 30th Anniversary Collection
. Look for 20-24 figures, complete with collector coins. These coins, however, will be somewhat different. They will not be numbered, but will be a series of six different "movie logo" coins, one for each movie. The coins will not be dedicated to a particular figure and will not have a character likeness on them. Therefore, multiple characters will share the same movie-logo coin. Fans get to choose
Hasbro and Rebelscum have joined forces to find out which figures collectors want brought back to make up this line. Celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars
, ANY 3¾" figure in the modern line is eligible...from the very first POTF2 wave up to the last TSC wave. That's over 1000 figures to choose from! (Note: I think everyone agrees that the Vintage line should be left as is.)
So which figures would you like to see brought back in this line: Pilot Obi-Wan? Episode II SA Clone Trooper? 500th Vader? 501st Legion Clone Trooper? Sio Bibble? TC-14? Ugnaughts? Shock Troopers? Dexter Jettster? Lobot? "Monkey-faced" Princess Leia? You can vote for your favorites! The voting process
So how can you voice your opinion? Here's how this will work. Rebelscum will run a series of week-long polls in our forums listing ALL the action figures in the modern line. In today's poll, you can choose from nearly 180 Star Wars "Saga"
figures to determine your favorite figures you'd like to see brought back in 2007. At the end of the polling period, the top 8 figures will move on to the second round and face off against the top 8 from other figure lines in a head-to-head tournament! So be sure to vote, because the higher the votes, the higher the ranking in the bracket.
The overall winners will be incorporated into Hasbro’s "Greatest Hits 2007" assortment.* But just for fun, we're going to find out which figure is your #1 favorite figure in the modern line that you want brought back. Head on into our forums
and place your votes now!
*Inclusion of actual figures in Hasbro's Greatest Hits 2007
assortment shall be subject to determination by Hasbro.Repacks, Repaints, and Retools
- Starting with this poll, you may notice a number of figure missing from the choices. Some are becase they are repacks of previously-released figures (Ex. Teebo), and you can still vote for them in their original appearance in one of the previous polls.
As for repaints...if the figure is a repaint of the same exact character (Ex. Greedo), it is disqualified. But if the figure is a repaint of a different character or from a different scene (Ex. Battle Droids), then is is included.
Also, if the figure has been retooled with a new part to it (Ex. Endor Soldiers - new head), then both are listed individually.Star Wars Saga figures
Can't remember all those action figures from 2002-2004? Fear not, we've got you covered. Just check out the all-new group shots in our Star Wars Saga Photo Archive
. 2002 Figures
- In an effort to bring all 5 films (at the time) under one banner, the line was named simply Star Wars
. However, perhaps to avoid confusion with the vintage line from 1978, practically everyone refers to the line as "Saga," Naturally, the main focus of this year was on Attack of the Clones
characters, although there were a few figures from other films included as well. Also debuting in this year were 'action features' targeted at younger collectors, giving them a little extra play value. Also added this year was a numbering system for figures, which continues to this day. 2003 Figures
- The 'action features' were slowly phased out in this year's lineup, with more attention paid to the collector and extra details and accessories were included instead. Once again, there was a mix of characters from all the films, but the main focus was on Attack of the Clones 2004 Figures
- The focus of the line switched back to the Classic Trilogy this year, and figures were released in themed waves. Extra attention to detail and superior sculpting was included, as well as a well-rounded selection of main and background characters. Deluxe Figures
- Giving fans a little extra play value, the majority of the figures in this line are loaded down with 'action features' of their own. Ultra Figures
- Focusing again mostly on the Classic Trilogy, this line replaced the Deluxe figures line, with attention to larger characters and detail rather than 'action features'. Multipack Figures
- There are two assortments in this category: the troop builder sets, and the Toys "R" Us multipacks. While the majority of these figures shown here are not eligibile, there are several that were unique to these sets. Screen Scenes Figures
- The replacment for the POTF2 and EPISODE I Cinema Scenes, these sets were designed to include multiple figures with a part of a specific scene. After collecting them all, the pieces would form a mini-diorama inspired from the film. Everything Else
- As in past years, there were still plenty of extra toys that included pack-in figures. Included here are the following assortments: Accessory Sets, Cantina Sets, and Vehicle pack-ins.
So what are you waiting for? Head on into our forums
and place your votes now!